Full disclosure, I took this idea from Facebook. Not sure where the term “FIF” came from, but the first time I ever heard it was on the Game Grumps’ Lovelies Facebook group.
Over there they use the term “f— it Friday’s” but I am trying to use less swearing on this blog (it won’t be completely devoid of swearing, but I know harsh language like that offends a lot of folx, so I’m trying harder to be more inclusive and make y’all feel comfortable here!) so I’ve decided to change it to Eff It Friday’s for this blog. Not sure if this will be an every week thing, but I’m going to try it out and see how it goes! It won’t always be playlists, by the way. That’s the point of Eff It Friday’s.
This list is so long, and there are so many more good songs that I could add, but I tried to keep it as short as I could.
Here’s the actual playlist on Spotify.
My music taste varies heavily in terms of genre and era, but I’m going to try to categorize to the best of my abilities here.
Pop/pop punk/pop rap:
- If You Want Love – NF
- Doctor Doctor – YUNGBLUD (EXPLICIT)
- I Miss Having Sex But At Least I Don’t Want To Die Anymore (Not explicit per se, but the subject matter is kinda sensitive)
- Like I Wanna Die – Kev Ghost (EXPLICIT. And mentions of medication)
- ilomilo – Billie Eilish
- “The Take Over, The Breaks Over” – Fall Out Boy
- Morph – twenty one pilots
- Vegas Lights – Panic! At The Disco
- Crazy – Makeout
- High Hopes – Panic! At The Disco
- The Hype (Berlin) – twenty one pilots
- California – YUNGBLUD (EXCPLICIT)
- Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying (Do Your Part to Save The Scene and Stop Going to Shows) – Fall Out Boy
- hope for the underrated youth – YUNGBLUD
- Champion – Fall Out Boy
- I Love Me – Demi Lovato (EXPLICIT. Also mentions of eating disorders)
- Someone New – Hozier
- The Village – Wrabel
- Hate Myself – NF
- Why Worry – Set It Off
- GUY.exe – Superfruit
- Alibis – Marianas Trench
- Migraine – twenty one pilots
- Now I’m a Baby – Garrett Watts
- Friends – Jesse McCartney
- Bills, Bills, Bills – Glee Cast
- Popular Monster (cover) – Social Repose (EXPLICIT)
- Save That Shit (cover) – Social Repose (EXPLICIT)
- Truth Hurts – Lizzo (EXPLICIT)
- Strawberry Lipstick – YUNGBLUD (EXPLICIT)
- finally // beautiful stranger – Halsey
- Yours – Jesse McCartney
- Save Me – Jason Lancaster
- Scandal of Grace (I’d Be Lost) LIVE – Hillsong UNITED
- Reckless Love – Cory Asbury
- Through All of It – Colton Dixon
- Happy – Matthew West
- Never Gone – Colton Dixon
- The Generous Mr. Lovewell – MercyMe
- Word of God Speak – MercyMe
- How He Loves – David Crowder Band
- Worn – Tenth Avenue North
- Difference Maker – NEEDTOBREATHE
“Oldies” (Sorry, Mom and Dad!)
- The Joker – Steve Miller Band
- Here Comes The Sun – The Beatles
- Heart and Soul – Huey Lewis and The News
- Everyday – Buddy Holly & The Crickets
- Eleanor Rigby – The Beatles
- Happy Together – The Turtles
- You Make My Dreams (Come True) – Daryl Hall & John Oates
- Africa – TOTO
Basically all I’ve been listening to in terms of soundtracks recently has been the Hamilton soundtrack because I recently watched it for the first time, but I just picked a few of my favourites for this playlist.
- My Shot – Hamilton (EXPLICIT)
- You’ll Be Back – Hamilton
- Wait For It – Hamilton (This was the first song from Hamilton that gave me chills!)
Let me know what you guys think of this idea and whether you’re interested in more of these “playlist” type posts.
I’d also love to know what you’re all listening to! Feel free to drop a comment below! 😀
As always, and especially in times like these, take care of yourselves and your loved ones, friends!