It’s been a long time since I’ve written here, or anywhere for that matter.
I honestly thought I was done with this blog because I put so much pressure on myself to be this person online that had it all together; a teacher, of sorts, and finding out (again) that I’m not kinda crushed me. This is a cycle I’ve been through before, and still hadn’t learned my lesson.
Though I am extremely passionate about mental health and sharing what I’ve learned in therapy with just about anyone that will listen, I am no expert. I am just a human being, learning and trying to grow as I go through life’s highs and lows. I am just Paige. I just exist and write things, and maybe somebody will relate to that, who knows?
I thought about running away and starting a new blog like a coward, to recreate myself somewhere else, but I finally decided to just come back here and face the few followers that might still be left. If you’re reading this, thank you.
I make no promises right now about when or how often I’ll post, but I’m going to aim for at least once a week. I’d like to get back into sharing my life and thoughts again, because I miss that.
The type of content on this blog may change, I’m really not sure what I’m doing right now, but I am determined to figure it out.
Quick “life updates”:
- My cat, Benji, passed away in December of 2020 and it was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to deal with. I still miss that boy every single day and I hate that he’s gone, but I’m learning to live without him, and love my other cat more in his absence. Rest in peace, my sweet boy.
- I have been too depressed to write much in the past six to eight months. I’m going to be trying to get back into it though, because I miss my creative outlet terribly and I have so many ideas that I just haven’t gotten around to yet!
- As I’m sure most of you can relate, covid has been an incredibly hard thing to cope and deal with.
- I graduated my DBT class in April!! Six months of therapy felt like a LIFETIME, but I’m so grateful for all of the things I’ve learned, and am still learning every day. I can honestly say that DBT changed my life for the better, even though it was (and is) incredibly hard sometimes.
- Got a job and lost it less than six months later due to Covid (basically), so that was a huge, huge stressor on me. Currently searching for something new, which is terrifying, but also exciting.
- My best friend in the entire world had a baby and she fills my heart with so much joy! 😀
- Again, as I’m sure a lot of you can relate during this pandemic, I played a whole lot of Animal Crossing and fell in love with my island and villagers. I’ve never played an Animal Crossing game before, but New Horizons really brought me a lot of comfort, and gave me something to do when life felt too overwhelming.
I don’t know, a lot has happened — some good, some bad, some wonderful, and some completely terrible — and there’s still so many things I want to share, but most of those things will probably end up in posts of their own because there’s just too much to cover in this one post.
I’m working on writing a bunch of posts today so they’re ready to post when I want, but again, I’m not sure of a schedule at the moment, but I’m going to try my best. I apologize if I’m a little rusty, it’s been a long time.
Again, if you’re reading this right now, thank you. I hope you’ll stick around.
Stay safe and try to take care of yourselves during these difficult times!